At last, you’ve found a safe, welcoming, and confidential space where you can develop the tools to thrive and discover your true sense of fulfillment. Whether you’re experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety, addiction, or facing any other struggle – you’ve found a Registered Psychotherapist in Windsor, Ontario who can help. Here, you’ll finally develop the solutions to your problems, and begin to meet your goals.
And, congratulations on taking the first step towards a better and more fulfilling life.
It’s never easy to reach out for help, because of the beliefs that you may be holding onto like “therapy is for crazy people,” or “if I go to therapy it means I’m a failure.”
These spoken or unspoken comments are understandable, and I can assure you that seeing a Registered Psychotherapist is one of the smartest decisions you can make. Even better, at Chevalier Psychotherapy, you’ll see one of the most trusted, Registered Psychotherapists in Windsor, Ontario.
Reasons For Seeking Psychotherapy
According to the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH) reports that in Canada, the number of children and adults who will experience mental illness or addiction in this year is 1 in 5.
Using strength-based approaches to psychotherapy has been found to be extremely effective in almost every area including symptoms of depression, anxiety, addiction, and other mental health concerns; helping clients develop solutions to their life’s challenges, and more quickly move forward with their lives.
People, who come to Chevalier Psychotherapy, are people like you who may be struggling with any sort of challenges in life. Some of life’s challenges may include any of the following symptoms.
Symptoms of Depression
- Have you been feeling down more than usual? Tearful? Feeling like you’re disconnected or numb? Unable to think about, let alone plan, your future?
- Are you having trouble sleeping? Has your appetite changed recently with any weight gain or loss? Do you ever experience persistent boredom? Are you socially isolating yourself from others? Is your self-esteem or self-confidence low?
- Are you experiencing low energy or fatigue? Do you experience frequent physical complaints like headaches, muscular tension, or stomach aches?
- Are your thoughts racing to the point where they keep jumping topics or replaying the same negative images over and over again? Or, have you been engaging in unhealthy self-talk about your life, image, goals, habits, or other issues?
- How is your stress at home, in school, or at work? Are you thinking you may need some help managing stress because you recognize how your behaviours are out of control? Are you wondering if you could have handled yourself better in certain situations? Do you experience excessive guilt or worthlessness?
Symptoms of Anxiety
- Are you feeling like your heart is beating out of your chest, and you’re thinking, “I’m either going to have a heart attack, pass out, or go crazy?”
- Do you have fears of crowds? What about stress brought on by being in open spaces? Have you noticed increased sweating, trembling, or shaking? Are you experiencing any type of chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, or abdominal discomfort? Or, have you experienced feelings of dizziness or faintness?
- Have you ever had thoughts that objects or other people might be “contaminated” by contact? Do you worry that doors have been left unlocked or appliances left on? Are you washing your hands, showering, or cleaning to the point where other people are noticing or even making comments?
- Are you repeating thoughts or actions to prevent something from happening? Do you find yourself having to arrange objects in a particular way? Do you ever suffer from repetitive thoughts, impulses, or images that provoke your anxiety? Or, do you ever avoid situations in which your actions are being observed?
Substance Use & Other Addictions
- Is your alcohol or drug use starting to affect your work, your relationships, your finances, or other important areas of your life?
- Are you and a loved one trying to handle a friend or family member’s drug or alcohol use?
- Do you feel like you might be addicted to other things, like people, sex, or even arguments or rage?
- Do you need a professional to complete a Substance Abuse Evaluation?
- Are you already in recovery, and looking to build additional skills like Relapse Prevention Strategies and Recovery Planning?
Children & Tweens
- Does your child or tween struggle with feelings of being a failure, or like they’re not good enough? Does everything they try to do seem like a struggle? What about challenges with focusing and concentrating? Are they high energy? Has there been a sudden decrease in school performance? Any abrupt sleep or appetite changes?
- Are they experiencing behavioural issues? When you ask them to do something, do they respond in a question that’s hurled back at you?
- Is your child having trouble fitting in? Have you noticed they don’t have any close friends? Are they isolating themselves from their friends? Does your child prefer to play alone? Do they know a lot of information in specific areas like cars, or planes, computer games or science, however, despite your child being exceptionally bright, do they struggle daily in school?
- Is your child coping with a transition like a move, new school, or divorce? Or is your child or tween’s behaviour becoming more challenging daily?
- Are you not sure you can find a way out of this?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, then you will want to keep reading to find out how you can get some help from a well respected Registered Psychotherapist in Windsor, Ontario.
Are you looking to talk to someone – not just about yours or your child’s struggles – but about finding real solutions to your problems? Then you have definitely come to the right place.
Whether you feel like you’re stuck in your job, frustrated at home, or you have a child or tween dealing with symptoms of depression, anxiety, or any other concern, Chevalier Psychotherapy in Windsor, Ontario is here for you.
Here, you’ll finally be able to develop progressive solutions that help you move forward, so you can begin living your life with an increased focus and conviction.
Get In Touch
We are committed to your privacy. DO NOT include confidential or private information regarding yourself in this form. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.